The Official Website of DOLE-CAR
2.7 M for DOLE's Summer Job Fund
(2012-02-06)
In an effort to help poor but deserving students pursue their education, the DOLE Ifugao Field Office has been allotted 2.7 Million as its 40% counterpart in the wages of students who will be hired by any interested employer for the year 2012 under its Special Program for the Employment of Students (SPES).

This year's 2.7 Million allotment is almost 250% increase of last year's budget thus the DOLE is encouraging interested employers to avail of this program. Qualified employers/persons who can participate are those employing at least ten (10) persons. For this purpose, employed persons refer to all regular, seasonal, temporary, casual and workers under job contracting arrangements. Participating employers shall include private establishments, national government agencies, local government units, educational institutions, labor union and other similar organizations.

On the other hand, qualified beneficiaries of this program are students who are at least 15 years of age but not more than 25 years old coming from families whose parents combined net income after tax do not exceed the latest annual regional poverty threshold level of P117,318.00. In addition , the average grade of the student-applicant during the last school/attended should be at least be passing.

This program as per Republic Act No. 9547 which amended Republic Act No. 7323 provides the participating employer to pay only sixty percent (60%) of the wages of the students in cash while the remaining forty percent (40%) of the applicable minimum wage shall be paid by the DOLE. It also provides the employment period which is minimum of twenty (20) working days and a maximum of fifty two (52) days .

Interested employers, may contact the DOLE Ifugao Office at telephone number 382-2138 or visit its office located at the Guimbatan Building, Dotal Street, Lagawe, Ifugao. (Isabelita M. Codamon, Sr. Labor and Employment Officer)


[Back]
The Official Website of DOLE-CAR